Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oh Solo Mio

Unthinkingly I agreed to go to Karaoke in Causeway Bay on Saturday. The evening was convivial, there were buckets of beer (literally) and lots of fun people to sing with.

The only things missing were the good songs. We would search through the meager English song selection, see an interesting artist and go to the song selection to be greeted with songs like

Horrible B side from 1993 you've never heard of

or

Sorry this well known song is being sung by the band "Bumfluff"

Very dispiriting.

The best part of the evening for me was singing arias in the corridor with my friend and it came to me in a flash of clarity that I don't actually need to go to a Karaoke bar to do that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on now... more about your workplace...?

Anonymous said...

Absolutely shocking how lax you are... my my, commenting to others about the quietness of their blog, when there's tumbleweed blowing though your high street?

Anonymous said...

All right then, if it's encouragement you are after, get blogging, sir!