Thursday, December 11, 2008

Weird food week


Been in Korea this week and it was a litany of weird food.

I had the chance to eat:
Shark Fin Soup (which I know my friend PoohBear will be upset about and, come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the shark was)
Sea slug.
Weevils (or they might have been silkworms, I'm not sure)

I was also suckered into eating the hottest green pepper by my Korean Friend who ate one first and showed no outward sign of discomfort. Holy Crap! That was hot.

On the other hand I had a very nice pot of fresh ginseng tea. That was really, really nice.

Kamsahamnida

Back to Honkers to continue my "Weight Gain 2000" Christmas eating program. You have to eat large to be large.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

re shark..... next time i would invent an allergy to avoid it (unless of course you want to eat it, in which case you need a serious talking to)

magicman said...

I was quite unhappy that it was on the menu at all, to be honest.

Mummy said...

As one of only 2 expats at a huge wedding banquet (my husband being the other) we refused the sharks fin and I then spent the next half an hour explaining to my whole table why it is wrong, nay, evil, to eat it.

Sea cucumbers are rather cute too when seen in a certain light.

magicman said...

hahaha,
My sea cucumber had an.......errrrr...... appendage even its .....errrr...... mother couldn't love......